BeingCharis has been nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award by Rhiann, who writes about her long-standing brain stem lesion and spastic paraparesis on her blog, ‘My Brain Lesion and Me.’ Check out her blog to learn more about experiences, insight, and life from another chronic disease sister. Thanks for the nomination, Rhiann!
The One Lovely Blog Award is a novel way of recognizing and introducing bloggers to each other as well as readers to different bloggers. Read a few facts (encouraged) about me below and check out those I’ve nominated to receive this quirky, collaborative, community-connecting award.
Seven facts about me (not #altfacts, promise):
- I had to be convinced by close friends over the course of many many months to start my own blog. I wasn’t convinced I had something compelling to say and I felt I wouldn’t have enough content, time, and energy to make it successful. My first post, An open letter to healthy people from a former healthy person, was written as an email to myself on my smartphone while sitting in my community garden plot. I spent the rest of that day figuring out the logistics of starting a blog so I could publish the piece. The next morning I woke up to thousands and thousands of views, likes, comments, and messages. The rest is history.
- I physically and mentally implode when I hear, “How are you?“
- When I was young I wanted to be a doctor. And a ballerina. And a gymnast. And a figure skater. And a professional soccer player.
- I talk to my cats. They talk back.
- My right ear has a double earlobe. If you give me $5 I’ll send you a picture, but it’s not that exciting.
- After I received my diploma from Meredith College, instead of shaking the hand of the college president, I gave her a bear hug and picked her up.
- I drew the following comic in the Paint program on my laptop:
My nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
If you don’t see your blog listed and you think you should, it’s because of my brain fog. Trust me, it’s not you. It’s me.
One Lovely Blog Award Nomination guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 other people
- Tell your nominees the good news